We are committed to building communities free from poverty and social injustice, helping members of local communities meet their own needs through both short-term and long-term humanitarian and development initiatives, mobilizing resources, lobbing and giving voice and representing the locals in Somaliland
To see that the community interventions are based on mutual commitments made to the poor and marginalized people to build trust; shared concepts to empower them to have successful livelihoods with their full respect and dignity, while promoting action learning process in the course of implementing projects for experience building.
•Service beyond self – We are an Organization founded to serve others. We strive to maintain ourselves, integrating self-development and individual concerns with public concerns, focusing on higher, broader, and more public levels of service. We conduct our activities for the sake of others, whether the public at large or a particular segment of the public.
•Voluntarism – Rather than required to exist by law, we are formed by private initiative, resulting from our voluntary actions of individual members who have chosen to pursue a shared interest of concern. We recognize retaining of voluntary values and principles and shall remain a primary force in the way of our working
• Responsibility – We are entrusted with a responsibility to the public and we take ownership of the task at hand, taking the initiative and proactively pulling together resources of all types in order to find and implement feasible solutions. Our practitioners demonstrate ownership are accountable for the execution and outcomes of activities and expected goals, and strive for excellence in our work
• Transparency and Accountability – We are accountable for our actions and decisions, primarily to the community we serve, and also to our funding agencies, the government, staff and volunteers, members, partner organizations, and the public at large. We are transparent in our dealings with the government, public, donors, partners, beneficiaries and other interested parties, except for personal matters and proprietary information
• Humanity- Human suffering must be addressed whenever it is found. The purpose of humanitarian action is to protect life and health and ensure respect for human beings.
• Impartiality- Humanitarian action must be carried out on the basis of need alone. Consequently giving priority to the most urgent cases of distress and making no distinctions on the basis of nationality, race, gender, religious belief, class or political opinions.
• Neutrality- Humanitarian actors must not take sides in hostilities or engage in controversies of a political, racial, religious or ideological nature.
•Independence- Humanitarian action must be autonomous from the political, economic, military or other objectives that any actors may hold with regard to areas where humanitarian action is being implemented.